New Delhi Indian Palace Restaurant and Takeaway
1 Taroveor Road
Call 01736 364098 to order
- 1: ONION BHAJI£2.60Fresh slices of onion marinated with gram flour and special spice.
- 2: MEAT OR VEGETABLE SAMOSA£2.70Local lamb or vegetables in a homemade pastry and fried.
- 3: VEGETABLE PAKORA£2.90
- 4: CHICKEN PAKORA£3.10Aubergine or chicken coated in batter.
- 5: CHICKEN OR LAMB TIKKA£3.20Cooked in a clay oven and marinated with spices.
- 6: TANDOORI CHICKEN£3.45Chicken marinated with yoghurt and spices cooked in a clay oven.
Succulent pieces of tender chicken lamb or king prawn marinated in yoghurt with specially selected spices. Grilled in clay oven, giving the tantalising tandoori taste. Served with salad.
- 13: CHICKEN OR LAMB TIKKA£5.99
- 14: TANDOORI KING PRAWN£11.99
- 15: SHASHLICK£6.50Marinated lamb roasted on skewers with green pepper, onion and tomatoes.
Marinated chicken, Iamb and king prawn mixed with balti paste, lemon juice and chilli powder. Skewered and cooked in a clay oven. Served with yoghurt and salad. Fairly hot.
- 18: CHICKEN OR LAMB CHARGA£8.95
Tender chicken or lamb cooked in the tandoori and finished with a blend of roasted mustard seeds, medium hot.
- 20: CHICKEN OR LAMB TIKKA£8.95
New Delhi Banglawala
Marinated, then grilled cooked with garlic tomatoes, onions, and aubergines and served in a medium hot sauce with the chef’s own selected spices.
Chef’s Indian Specials
New Delhi Naga
Selected spices combined with onions, green peppers, garlic, tomatoes, and special chilli sauce, medium hot.
New Delhi Jaipuri
Marinated then barbecued in a clay oven and cooked with capsicum, onions, and mustard seed. Medium hot.
Mild, succulent pieces of chicken or lamb marinated in yoghurt with special spices, barbecued in a clay oven, cooked with a mild creamy sauce.
A fairly hot dish with fried onions, green peppers, fresh green chillies, dry consistency compared to madras.
Medium hot, marinated chicken or lamb roasted in a clay oven, cooked with onions, green peppers and garlic. Slightly dry.
A delightful mild dish, specially cut pieces of chicken or lamb marinated with yoghurt based sauce.
Cooked with basmati rice and served with a mixed vegetable curry.
Tawa Chef’s Specials
A sizzling dish, traditionally served in-house on a hot cast iron griddle pan know as a ‘tawa’.
Served with nan bread. Balti is medium hot, marinated grilled chicken, Iamb or king prawn cooked with specially prepared sauce.
Vegetable Side Dishes
- 96: PLAIN NAN£2.35
- 97: PESHWARI NAN£2.35Sweet with almonds and coconuts.
- 98: GARLIC NAN£2.35
- 99: KEEMA NAN£2.35Stuffed with minced lamb.
- 100: PARATHA£2.35Fried with butter.
- 105: BOILED RICE£2.49
- 106: MUSHROOM PILAU RICE£2.49
- 107: FRIED RICE£2.49
- 108: KEEMA RICE£2.49
The following are priced at:
CHICKEN OR LAMB: £4.99
KING PRAWN: £11.99